What are Pad Thai Rice Noodles made of?
Pad Thai Rice Noodles are made out of rice, usually either white or brown. Traditionally you can use white rice noodles, but feel free to substitute brown rice noodles instead to make this a step healthier.
Ingredients you will need to make an Asian Rice Noodle Salad
Pad Thai rice noodles– Brown or white rice.
Broccoli florets– A superfood that is a powerful antioxidant. Cut the broccoli into 1inch pieces.
Cabbage– Red cabbage, that is. It’s a good source of minerals and vitamins and helps produce red blood cells.
Cilantro– Everyone loves cilantro, right? If you are one of those that don’t enjoy the smell or taste of cilantro, fresh Italian parsley would be the next best choice.
Green onion– Don’t only taste great, but so good for the body. Green onions are an excellent source of vitamin K and vitamin C, and a very good source of vitamin A too.
Sauce– The dressing for this salad is made up of tamari, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup (or honey), chili garlic sauce (which can be found in the Asian section of grocery stores), and toasted sesame oil.
Toppings– Add some chopped cashews or nuts. They’re optional, but I’d recommend them for the crunch.
Add in protein- Make this Asian salad with meat! Chicken or beef would be great choices.
Use more vegetables- Vegetables are always a good idea, so feel free to add more vegetables to this dish. Bell peppers, snap peas, onions, or maybe even mushrooms.
Spice it up- Add some red crushed chili peppers to your taste. Also, you can kick it up a notch and add thinly sliced jalapenos.
How to make Asian Rice Noodle Salad
Simple Vegan Asian Rice Noodle Salad that is Gluten-Free
- 8 oz pad thai rice noodles, brown or white rice
- 3 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 5 Tbsp tamari
- 5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp sesame oil, toasted
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup, or honey
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce, usually found in the Asian section of the grocery store
- 2½ cups red cabbage, thinly sliced & chopped
- ½ cup green onion, thinly sliced
- cashews, roasted & chopped, optional
- Prepare Pad Thai noodles according to directions on the package. Rinse in cool water and set aside. Do not overcook.
- Place the broccoli florets in a medium-sized pot. Add a small amount of water to the bottom of the pot and bring to a boil. Cover and steam 2-3 minutes until bright green. Strain the broccoli, rinse in cool water, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tamari, balsamic vinegar, toasted sesame oil, maple syrup or honey, and chili garlic sauce.
- Add steamed broccoli, red cabbage, cilantro, and green onions to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Add noodles and dressing to the bowl and toss together until all ingredients are coated.
- Top with chopped roasted salted cashews (optional) and extra cilantro with green onions if desired.