Summer is right around the corner. And while I love changing out the decor in my home to better represent the new season, or swapping my winter clothes for warm-weather appropriate attire, there’s one other way I LOVE preparing for summer.
That was surprisingly obvious, wasn’t it? I love making meals that transition me into the new season. Have me look forward to it. And when it comes to summer, I love grabbing one of the very first fruits the season has to offer: apricots.
There are so many delicious recipes that showcase apricots in all their beauty. Like this sweet, warm apricot salad with feta and mint. Yum. I am still drooling about that recipe. I can taste it in my mouth.
But today, I’m sharing with you an Apricot Chicken Salad. With honey mustard dressing. Oh yes.
Hearty greens, chicken, and apricots pair surprisingly well together. It’s a combination you didn’t know you needed in your life.
Health benefits. Apricots are an excellent source of Fiber and Vitamin A, C, and E. They’re also rich in antioxidants.
Delicious taste. Apricots are often compared with peaches. However, apricots are usually less sweet than peaches. That’s why they pair so well with chicken, greens, and almonds from the salad.
If you want to get a head-start on the new summer season with one of its earliest fruits, this Apricot Chicken Salad is a wonderful way! Enjoy!
What do I need to make this recipe?
Chicken contains protein and strengthens bones.
Apricots are high in antioxidants and promote gut health.
Almonds contian magnesium and vitamin E.
Mixed greens contain vitamin C and folate.
Celery supports digestion and contains antioxidants.
Along with those ingredients, you will need:
- extra virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper
Simple Apricot Chicken Salad with Drizzled Honey Mustard Dressing
- cutting board
- measuring spoons
- salad bowl
- 1 chicken breast, boneless & skinless
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 apricot, pitted & sliced
- 1 Tbsp raw almonds, chopped
- ½ cup mixed greens, chopped, optional
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- To a heated skillet, add 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper both sides of 1 chicken breast and sauté until cooked. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Combine chicken with apricot, almonds, mixed greens, and celery.
For the Honey Mustard Dressing:
- Whisk together 1 Tablespoon honey, 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard, and 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise. Drizzle on top of the salad.