Ingredients You will need for this salad
The base of this recipe is black beans, of course. Use canned black beans to make this salad quick and easy. Red bell pepper, tomatoes, red onion, corn give this salad recipe color and flavorful, all that a Mexican inspired recipe should be. Combined with garlic, greens such as kale, and cilantro give a load of superfood healthy boost all in one meal.
As for the corn, you can either use fresh corn, canned (rinsed and drained), or frozen corn.
How to Make Black Bean Salad
This is a healthy side dish that is gluten-free, vegan free, and can quickly become a big hit at parties.
Start off by adding red pepper, beans, corn, kale, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, and red onion to a medium-sized bowl.
After tossing the salad together, add in dressing ingredients right into the salad bowl, no need to whisk it separately.
Toss well making sure ingredients are evenly coated.
How to make One Bowl Black Bean Salad
All in One Bowl Black Bean Salad
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 can black beans, (salted) drained & rinsed
- ½ cup fresh corn, or frozen/thawed sweet corn
- 4 cups kale, center rib removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup red onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- Add red pepper, beans, corn, kale, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, garlic and red onion to a medium sized bowl.
- Toss all ingredients well.
- Add avocado oil, lime juice, salt, chili powder and cayenne (optional).
- Toss well making sure ingredients are evenly coated.