Have you ever wondered how so many different juices and drinks exist at the grocery market? Every time I walk down the aisles, I’m amazed at how many different kinds of juices are available. And what’s even more surprising is how many are labeled “healthy.”
Many juices market themselves as healthy since they use real fruits and vegetables. While that may be the case, they usually don’t use enough of it. Many of these drinks and juices are loaded with so much sugar, that the benefits are very easily outweighed by the junk. So before you grab yet another bottle of the supermarket juice that swears it will boost your mood, cleanse out all toxins, aid in weight loss, or all of the above, think about this:
You can make your very own juice at home. You’ll know exactly what goes in there. You can control how much (if any) sugar goes in. You can customize it to your taste and needs.
And if you aren’t sure where to start, this Pineapple, Blood Orange, And Ginger Juice is absolutely magical.
Why I Love This Juice So Much:
- It is ridiculously easy to make. Seriously, you only need four ingredients!
- It really wakes me up in the morning! There’s something about the combination of juicy fruits with ginger that really rev up my body in the morning.
- It tastes amazing! Now before you start tossing out the ginger, hear me out. The ginger in this juice is not at all overpowering. In fact, it is perfectly balanced with oranges, pineapple, and freshly squeezed lime juice.
What do I need to make this juice?
Blood oranges reduce damage done by free radicals and give your body vitamin C.
Pineapple is rich in vitamins A, E, and K, as well as folate and calcium.
Ginger helps to soothe sore muscles and can help lower blood sugar.
Lime helps to prevent kidney stone formation and supports bone health.
Skip the supermarket juices, and try making this at home instead!
A Delicious Cup of Pineapple, Blood Orange, and Ginger Juice
- cutting board
- 7 blood oranges, or any other oranges
- 3 cups pineapple chunks, fresh or defrosted from frozen
- 3 inch piece ginger, fresh, peeled, & sliced
- 1 lime, peeled
- Peel oranges and lime, and prepare ginger and pineapple.
- Run all ingredients through a juicer or alternatively, you can blend them in a blender and strain through a fine cheesecloth or nut milk bag.