If you are a fan of mushrooms then this is the salad for you. All the ingredients work well together in this warm mushroom tomato salad, and for sure it’s less in calories than a pizza. I love that it’s all in one pan. What’s so great about this salad is that it helps you manage your weight!
Benefits of a warm mushroom and tomato salad
Mushrooms are good for weight management and boosts your immune system.
Tomato help with heart problems as well as depression.
And don’t forget the parsley! Parsley is good for oral health, to balance body fluids and promote a healthy heart. Don’t miss out on this beneficial salad!
What do you need to make this dish?
Nothing complicated that you haven’t heard of goes into this warm mushroom and tomato dish. A little bit of olive oil, two kind of onions, some mushrooms, and tomato. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh parsley.
Let’s make this recipe! You will need:
White mushrooms are filled with protein, which lowers blood pressure.
Cherry tomatoes fill you up with vitamins C and A, as well as E.
Red onion contains quercetin, which protects against allergies.
Green onion has vitamin K, which supports healthy bones.
Along with those ingredients, you will need extra virgin olive oil, salt, ground black pepper, and parsley.
How to make Simple and Warm Mushroom and Tomato Salad
Simple and Warm Mushroom and Tomato Salad
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stems green onion chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 16 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- In a skillet over medium-low heat add 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Chop 1/2 red onion, 2 stems green onion, and sauté together in oil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Mince 1 garlic clove and add to the onions, sautéing for another minute.
- Slice 16oz white mushrooms then add to the skillet. Lower the heat to low and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add 10oz cherry tomatoes to the mushrooms with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Let everything come together by stirring for another 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley on top and serve warm!