Have you ever craved dessert as soon as you wake up? Or is that just me? Because the other day, I was ravenous for something sweet as soon as I left my bed. And usually, I would just make myself a bowl of oatmeal, and finish it with some “sweet” toppings. But I wanted something quick. Something creamy. Something that would really satisfy my sweet tooth.
And then it hit me. Why not make a smoothie? Smoothies are one of my absolute favorite go-to breakfast foods. Drinks? Whatever you want to call it.
Smoothies are great because:
- They’re quick to make! You can usually have a tall glass ready within 5 minutes.
- They’re so versatile! Seriously, add whatever ingredients you love.
- Great way to clean out your fridge. Got some veggies and fruits that might go bad soon? Blend them into a smoothie!
- You can get some great servings of fruits and vegetables that you might not otherwise get throughout the day.
Back to my ravenous stomach. I decided to satisfy it with a delicious, creamy vanilla blackberry pie smoothie. Yes, it is just as amazing as it sounds. And yes, it tastes just like a blackberry pie. Blackberries are front and center here. You’ll also get the creamy and tangy flavor from the vanilla yogurt and sweetness from the Medjool dates. There’s also cinnamon, lemon zest, a pinch of sea salt, and a heaping scoop of collagen for additional benefits.
This is the perfect feel-good breakfast. It feels good to drink it (because it’s absolutely yummy), and it feels good for the body too since it’s packed with nutrition!
As a kid, our family would stop at the side of the road and pick blackberries. After eating as much as our tummies could handle we would then freeze them and later use them for homemade juice. Blackberries at the grocery stores don’t compare to those FREE juicy blackberries that you find on the side of the roads.
Ingredients that go into this blackberry pie smoothie are all will really taste like pie, without the loaded sugar and calories. Actually, it’s all-natural sugar here, no added sugar at all.
Yogurt– Grab the sugar-free. Also, it can be a dairy-free one too.
Blackberries– Frozen or Fresh
Dates- Natural sugar and full of nutrients.
Milk- Anyone that you love, like a dairy-free one or nut one or just plain whole milk.
Lemon zest– It needs the hint of zest kick.
Cinnamon– What is pie without cinnamon.
Collagen powder– or protein powder.
Next time you crave something sweet in the morning, try this healthy Vanilla Blackberry Pie Smoothie!
5 Minute Creamy Vanilla Blackberry Pie Smoothie
- 2 cups blackberries, frozen or fresh
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt, dairy or non dairy
- 3-4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups milk, of choice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ⅛ - ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop collagen powder, or protein powder, optional
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.